If you are committed to protecting and empowering the world’s most vulnerable children, join us.
Careers at LumosChildren belong in families,
Working for Lumos
Interim Recruitment Partner
Named after the light-giving spell in Harry Potter, Lumos is an international children’s organisation founded by J.K. Rowling in 2005. We have a bold mission: to have a world without institutions and orphanages by 2050. Research shows the dramatic harm that institutional care causes to children and the proven benefits of the alternatives: community and family care. Lumos tackles the root causes of family separation – poverty, trafficking and discrimination – and transforms care systems around the world. We speak up on behalf of children trapped in institutions and reunite them with their families. And we change education, health and social care systems so every child can thrive.
The recruitment partner will develop and deliver effective and innovative people resourcing strategies and approaches to ensure Lumos is able to achieve its plan for growth and international expansion. This will include building resourcing expertise of team members developing recruitment systems and processes and tools, leading the development of Lumos employer brand and candidate attraction and selection methods.
Reporting to the HR Director, this role will have overall responsibility for operational recruitment, specifically senior leadership roles and global recruitments, and line manage the Recruitment Advisor role to deliver the UK and Belgium resourcing needs.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive experience of delivering excellent end to end services in recruitment and selection with a commitment to continuous service improvements
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environments with the ability to build relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures and an appreciation of how different cultural, legal and labour market influence HR management practices
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Experience creating and presenting management information on recruitment activity
- Strong knowledge in innovative new practices in all aspects of resourcing, including attracting and selecting candidates in different contexts.
- Experience in using innovative candidate attraction methods, including comfort in using social media for effective resourcing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work with a wide variety of contacts
- Able to work independently and on own initiative, making informed and sensible judgements as well as working as part of a wider team
- Highly organised, with an aptitude in planning effectively to meet deadlines, and an ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time
For further information, please see the attached job description.
Right to Work:
If you do not already have the right to work in the UK, please think carefully before applying. This is because even if the role is sufficiently skilled to qualify for sponsorship, we will be unable to sponsor you if there is a suitably qualified settled worker available to fill the role (this is known as the ‘resident labour market test’) unless you are currently in the UK and your immigration status and qualifications mean that the resident labour market test will not apply in your case.
Lumos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal records checks where legally permitted.