If you are committed to protecting and empowering the world’s most vulnerable children, join us.
Careers at Lumos
Working for Lumos
Deputy Chief of Party
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of operational and administrative functions of BEST, a 4-year USAID funded project, including: finance & accounting, human resources, contractual compliance, office management, and sub-contracts with partners.
The DCoP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in the management of the grant. They will oversee coordination of field operations, provide support in the management of sub-grantees, and ensure that the operational and financial activities meet with USAID and Lumos’ standards.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all financial structures
- Oversee payroll and regular HR reporting
- Coordinate the day to day management of contracts with service providers
- Develop and support the implementation of policies and procedures in coordination with Lumos HQ and in line with USAID regulations
- Supervise the Finance/Operations team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet conflicting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, writing and advanced computer skills
- Strong creative problem-solving skills, especially when under pressure and with limited resources
- Strong organizational and project management skills; extremely detailed-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy
- Demonstrable ability of collaborating with diverse stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, faith-based organisations and local and international staff
- Advanced degree in Business Administration or Public Administration desired
- Demonstrable knowledge of USAID contract management, policies, procedures, regulations and reporting requirements is essential
- Fluency in French and English (S/3 and R/3) is required along with excellent written communications skills. Familiarity with Haitian Creole is desirable
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), general comfort level with Internet/Intranet usage and ability to learn proprietary software
- Strong understanding of legal compliance and annual reporting under Haitian law
- Demonstrable knowledge in budget, finance and grant management, ideally of complex budgets (>U$5M)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in operations and finance roles
- Experience of senior project management roles of complex programmes, preferably USAID or another major donor
- Significant experience in establishing, developing and leading teams
- Proven experience of managing all aspects of HR including appraisals, disciplinaries and recruitment
- Significant experience in line managing finance and operations teams
- Experience in senior management positions, with a demonstrable track record in achieving results
- Extensive project management experience gained within the development sector in a similar role
- Experience working in an international organization strongly desire
Please download the Job Description below.
To apply please upload your CV in Word format and a supporting statement highlighting how your skills and experience meet the person specification (two pages maximum).
The successful candidate must understand and adhere to Lumos global security and safety protocols and the Haiti country security plan, ensuring BEST team members do the same.
Right to Work:
All offers of employment are subject to evidence of right to work in the country where the role is based.
General Safeguarding Statement:
Lumos recognises that the rights of safety and security are aligned with its core mission of ending institutionalisation. Effective and robust safeguarding sit at the heart of our mission and values, and accordingly, Lumos is committed to ensuring the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in all its work. We expect all staff, associates and volunteers to share this commitment. Lumos will carefully screen all applicants and any offers of employment are subject to appropriate employment and background checks, as well as suitable references from previous employers